Cost and Installation of LVT Flooring
The cost of LVT flooring will vary depending on the size, color, and quality of the product that you choose. Generally, you can expect to pay between $2 and $7 per square foot for LVT flooring, with installation costs ranging from $2 to $4 per square foot. The total cost of installation, including labor and materials, can range from $4 to $11 per square foot. If you are looking for a more economical option, you may want to consider installing DIY LVT flooring, which can reduce the cost significantly.
LVT flooring is a popular choice for residential and commercial installations due to its affordability and ease of installation. The average cost for an LVT flooring installation is between $2 and $5 per square foot, depending on the type of flooring selected and the complexity of the installation. Installation is typically completed by a professional installer, with labor costs ranging from $2 to $3 per square foot. This brings the total cost for an LVT flooring installation to between $4 and $8 per square foot.
Pros & Cons of LVT Flooring
- LVT flooring is durable and resilient, making it a great choice for high-traffic areas.
- LVT flooring is waterproof and easy to clean, making it a great choice for wet or humid spaces.
- LVT flooring is easy to install and requires no additional adhesive or grout.
- LVT flooring is available in a variety of colors and styles, making it easy to customize your space.
- LVT flooring is cost-effective and can be installed over existing floors.
- LVT flooring can be more expensive than other flooring options.
- LVT flooring can be slippery when wet. -LVT flooring is not as comfortable to walk on as other flooring options.
- LVT flooring can be difficult to repair if it becomes damaged.
- LVT flooring is not ideal for all areas, such as bathrooms or kitchens, due to its inability to resist mold and mildew growth.
Cleaning & Maintenance Tips for LVT Flooring
- Vacuum or sweep regularly: As with other hard flooring, regular vacuuming or sweeping is essential to keep your LVT floor clean and free of dust, dirt, and debris.
- Use a damp mop: For more thorough cleaning, use a damp mop to gently remove dirt and debris. Be sure to use a cleaner specifically designed for LVT flooring. Avoid using too much water, as this can damage the floor.
- Use a mild detergent: You can use a mild detergent to clean your LVT floor, but be sure to rinse it well afterward to avoid leaving any residue.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners: Abrasive cleaners and scrubbing pads can damage the surface of your LVT floor, so it’s best to avoid using them.
- Remove spills immediately: Spills should be wiped up immediately to avoid staining or damaging the floor.
- Protect from heavy furniture: Avoid moving heavy furniture across the floor, as this can cause scratches. Use felt pads under furniture to protect the floor from scratches.
- Use mats near entryways: Placing mats near entryways can help to trap dirt and debris before it gets tracked onto the LVT floor.